Big Ears is March 26-29, 2020 in downtown Knoxville, TN.
Big Ears will kick off Thursday evening and programming will run from noon until 1 AM or later for the full weekend, with the finals concerts ending Sunday night.
Stay tuned for 2020 Box Office information.
Weekend passes for Big Ears 2020 will go on sale on October 10 at 12PM ET.Daily tickets will be available in the near future.View ticket options here.
If you’ve already purchased tickets and need to change your shipping address, want to know the status of your order, look up your order history, or have a general question about your order, please contact our official ticket provider Front Gate Tickets or call 888-512-SHOW (7469).
Wristbands will ship out 2-4 weeks before the festival. If you do not receive your wristband please
Passes are required for patrons age 2 and older. Big Ears does not offer passes to individual shows during the festival weekend.
There is no difference between the ticket tiers. It’s simply an incentive to purchase sooner rather than later. The earlier you buy, the more you save! There is however a difference between General Admission, Premier, and Sonic Explorer. View ticket options here.
Our Sonic Explorer VIP pass is the ultimate sensory experience. VIP details can be found on our ticketing page.
- Dedicated, “no wait” line or special entrance to all festival venues
- Guaranteed access to all shows up until 15 minutes prior to official show time.
- Access to preferred seating areas in all seated venues, plus preferred access to seated viewing areas in the Mill & Mine and the Standard (limited and available only on a first come, first served basis) up until 5 minutes prior to performance time.
- Special advance notification of “secret shows” and other surprise, “pop-up” performances and events during the festival weekend.
- Exclusive invitations to unique, intimate performances by artists during the festival weekend. (Invitations sent via email at least a week before the festival begins. Subject to capacity; rsvp required; first come, first served).
- Exclusive invitations to other special events during the festival weekend, including the festival Kick Off party, as well as other receptions, talks, parties, meet-and-greets only available to VIP’s during the festival weekend.
Yes! On the checkout page, you have the option to purchase your full order at that time or you can purchase using a “layaway plan.” Layaway plan is available for all orders including daily passes. Purchaser must agree to the Layaway Plan Terms & Conditions, including a default policy.
- Each payment is automatically charged to the payment on file.
- Can I finish paying off my layaway plan early? Yes! details here.
Deposit – 16% + 16% of service fees upon purchase
Payment 1 – 21% + 21% of service fees due October 28th
Payment 2 – 21% + 21% of service fees due November 18th
Payment 3 – 21% + 21% of service fees due December 9th
Payment 4 (Final) – 21% + 21% of service fees due December 30th
Only wristbands purchased through the Big Ears Festival ticket website (Front Gate Tickets) are guaranteed to be authentic. If you want 100% confidence in your ticket purchase, you should only purchase your tickets through the link on our tickets page.
Please be aware:
- We are not responsible for any counterfeit weekend passes.
- For your own protection, please do not purchase weekend passes from any source other than bigearsfestival.org or your most trusted friends and family.
- Removing a wristband automatically voids it (unless by accident or for safety reasons, in which case you need to get a replacement wristband from a customer service booth at the festival – this will require you to prove your purchase information). Festival Security will check every wristband to assure it has not been removed or passed between multiple people.
Big Ears 2020 is an all-ages event. Passes will be required for patrons ages 2 and older.
Knoxville is located in Eastern Tennessee at the crossroads of I-40 and I-75, and is an easy drive from anywhere in the eastern United States. Knoxville is 3 hours from Nashville and Atlanta and an easy 4 hours from Cincinnati, Louisville or Charlotte. McGhee Tyson Airport is only 20 minutes from downtown Knoxville, and is serviced by six national airlines with both direct and easy connecting flights. Both Megabus and Greyhound also service the Knoxville area. Get more information on our travel page.
Check out the venue map here.
It’s up to you. If you’re staying at one of Knoxville’s downtown hotels, you will be within an easy walk of all Big Ears concerts and events, as well as a great selection of excellent restaurants. If you are staying outside of the downtown area, renting a car is the easiest means of transportation. If you choose to rent a car, you will find parking downtown to be cheap (often free), easy, and plentiful throughout the weekend. Information regarding car rentals and transportation services from McGhee Tyson Airport can be found here.
There are multiple parking options in downtown Knoxville. Parking is free at all city-owned garages after 6 PM on weekdays and all day throughout the weekend. For more information and a map, click here.
Additionally, if you are staying in a downtown Knoxville hotel, parking options are generally available during your stay. Please contact your hotel for further details.
Downtown Knoxville is serviced by a trolley system. You can find the route map and additional public transportation information here. Your hotel should also be able to assist in any ground transportation needs.
Yes, bars at all venues will accept cash and credit/debit cards. Merchandise stands will also accept cash and credit/debit cards.
There are numerous banks and ATMs located throughout the downtown area, including ATMs at the Bijou Theatre and The Standard.
Most events will have a bar with beverages available, but some of the more non-traditional venues may not be serving alcohol. *Must be 21+ to consume alcohol
Yes, with the exact accessibility specifications based on the venue. Please contact each venue for their specifications.
If you need medical attention, please alert an event organizer, venue staff, or member of our security staff and we will assist you.
Disposable and small digital photography will be allowed, but anything with a removable lens is not permitted. Audio and video recording devices are prohibited. Additionally, please be respectful of other patrons and the artists when using your camera. No flash photography allowed.
What’s ACCEPTABLE: Small purse or backpack, camera with non-removable lens. Please remember, everyone is subject to search.
What’s PROHIBITED: Drugs, controlled substances, alcohol, outside food or drink (including sealed water bottles), weapons, firearms, projectiles including glowsticks, video recording equipment, tri-pods, audio recording equipment and unauthorized merchandise.
Any person attempting to enter the venues with any of the prohibited item(s) above will be refused access, or at the venue’s discretion, allowed to give up the prohibited item(s) before entry. Confiscated items will be disposed of or given away at the venue’s discretion.
Yes, there will be. Stay tuned for the 2020 Big Ears app.
If you need more information or have additional questions, please contact us directly: info(at)bigearsfestival(dot)org. Please note that any music submissions sent to this email will not receive a response.
Ticketing question? Please contact Frontgate directly: 888-512-SHOW or firstname.lastname@example.org