On-Site Safety Policy
Big Ears has a zero tolerance policy for harassment. If you feel harassed or threatened in any way please let our staff or security know. No always means no.
The safety of our fans is of the utmost importance to the Big Ears Festival, and we want each and every one of you to feel completely comfortable at the festival. Harassment based on gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or appearance will not be tolerated. Please let the nearest security or staff member know if you are being harassed in any way, are the victim of inappropriate or nonconsensual touching, or for any reason feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
Sexual Harassment – If you’ve been the victim of sexual violence or harassment, please it to the nearest staff member. We encourage our fans to always be aware of your surroundings and to remember that no ALWAYS means no, regardless of the situation.
If you or someone near you needs immediate medical assistance, please look for any of our staff members wearing a staff shirt or anyone with a radio.
3. TIPS & TRICKS
- Some of our artists can get pretty loud, so using earplugs is a great way to ensure you can enjoy all the great music this year and in the years to come!
- Having emergency contact info on your person as well as your phone’s lock screen can greatly assist emergency personnel should you require assistance.
- Please keep yourself and your belongings safe. If you lose or find something in any of the festival venues please let the nearest staff member know.
- Stay aware of your surroundings, use the buddy system, and don’t forget to watch out for your neighbors as well! Enjoy yourself but don’t forget to be considerate of other people. You can make the difference between a good or bad festival experience
- Weather –Keep an eye on the forecast to ensure you’re fully prepared. Big Ears is a multi-venue event, so you’ll want to be ready for anything when going from show to show!
Big Ears works hand in hand with local, state and federal authorities to ensure our fans have the safest experience possible. There will be security throughout each venue and they are there to keep you safe! If you require assistance please don’t hesitate to ask them for help.
To ensure the safety of everyone at the festival, all fans will be subject to a full and complete search prior to entry. Subject to each venue’s respective policies, this search may include a full body pat down and magnetometer screening prior to entry. Prior to the search process, please inform our security personnel if you would prefer to be searched by a security personnel of your same gender. Any security screening of children will always be with the presence and consent of a parent or guardian.
If you are bringing a bag to the festival it must be searched before entry.
Help us help you! You, the fans, are the eyes and ears of our festival. If you see or hear something suspicious, illegal, or dangerous please say something to the nearest staff member or security personnel.
Please review our prohibited items list (Link to or include the prohibited items list here). If you have any questions please email [email protected]bigearsfestival.org. Security WILL confiscate any illegal items and will either dispose of them or notify the appropriate authorities.
If a festival venue should need to be evacuated for any reason our staff will inform all patrons via broadcast from the stage as well as notification by security, venue, and/or festival personnel. Please be sure to proceed quickly, yet orderly to the nearest exit.
Please be sure to follow us on social media:
And opt into push notifications through our Big Ears 2019 App.
Push notifications and social media updates will help keep you in the loop on the festival’s status, including adjusted set times.