BIG EARS 2023 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
BIG EARS OPENS IN ONE WEEK
Big Ears officially kicks off next Thursday, March 30. We are thrilled to welcome the Big Ears family back to Knoxville for another unforgettable weekend. Ahead of your arrival, we want to share some helpful information and tips as you plan for your visit:
• The on-site festival box office will be located at the Jackson Terminal (213 W. Jackson Ave). All patrons and guests must pick up their wristbands from the box office before attending any performances. Only the individual whose name is associated with the order will need to be present to pick up passes. You will be required to present a photo ID and we recommend having order confirmation or proof of purchase handy as well.
• The on-site box office will open from 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 29 for locals and anyone arriving in Knoxville early. We strongly encourage you to pick up your wristband as early as possible.
Box office hours during the weekend are as follows:
○ Wednesday 3/29, 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
○ Thursday 3/30, 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
○ Friday 3/31, 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
○ Saturday 4/1, 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
○ Sunday 4/2, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• IMPORTANT UPDATE: Patrons who purchased a single-day wristband may pick up their wristband on that day or any day prior.
• Your wristband is your passport to the festival. Guard it carefully and do not remove the wristband once applied to your wrist. Cut or damaged wristbands will not be honored.
• The printed program, along with a physical schedule and map, will be available when you check in at the festival box office.
• Download the Big Ears Festival app. It will be an invaluable source of information. In addition to offering up-to-date details about the festival schedule and more, there will be notifications throughout the festival weekend of surprise shows, last-minute modifications to the schedule, venue capacity notifications and other information and news during the weekend.
• Big Ears venues vary widely in capacity, from 250 people at the Old City Performing Arts Center to 2500 at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium. While we schedule concerts and programs to optimize both attendance and access, once a venue reaches capacity, you will not be allowed to enter until someone leaves. We strongly encourage you to arrive at least 30 minutes early for any absolute “must-see” concerts on your schedule to avoid possible disappointment.
• Big Ears will feature a dedicated festival trolley that will run in a 20-30 minute loop around downtown Knoxville and make stops within a block of most festival venues. Route and stops are included in the printed festival program and the festival app. Knoxville Area Transit also offers 3 free regularly operating trolley lines that patrons can use while in town. More information here.
• Downtown Knoxville features an array of award winning restaurants, shops, galleries and more. For a full list of everything offered within walking distance of festival venues, please visit our partners at https://www.downtownknoxville.org/
• At the heart of Big Ears is a spirit of adventure, exploration, and discovery. Every year of the festival we get feedback from many who find that the most exciting and rewarding highlights of their weekend came from serendipitous, unanticipated performances. Enjoy!