BIG EARS 2022 REMINDERS & THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
|THINGS TO KNOW WITH BIG EARS 2022 JUST AROUND THE CORNER|
Yes, next Thursday, March 24, marks the return of Big Ears. Festivities begin at 4:00pm when Kronos Quartet, then Sō Percussion, open the festival with free concerts at the Tennessee Amphitheater at World’s Fair Park. It will have been 3 years to the day since the final notes of Big Ears 2019 faded away into the atmosphere. We’re thrilled to be back!
· Festival Headquarters and Box Office will be at the Jackson Terminal, located at 213 W. Jackson Avenue off of Gay Street.
· You—and each member of your party—must pick up your festival wristbands at Festival Headquarters before you can attend any Big Ears concerts or events (except the free outdoor shows). To obtain your wristband, you must show a receipt / proof of purchase from Front Gate or LYTE, proof of vaccination (a photo of your vaccine card is acceptable) or negative PCR test administered within 48 hours of entry, and a photo ID matching both. This policy will be strictly enforced.
· Your wristband is your passport to the festival and provides assurance that you have submitted required documentation in compliance with Covid protocols. Guard it carefully. It should not be removed during the weekend.
· Everyone attending Big Ears must show proof of vaccination or negative PCR test within 48 hours of entry at the festival. We are fortunate that our region—and the country—has experienced a dramatic decline in Covid-19 infections in the past few weeks, and numbers continue to improve daily. CDC guidelines now have Knox County in a LOW risk category, with guidance that mask-wearing be optional. While we strongly recommend that you wear masks indoors at Big Ears, it will not be required for members of the audience.*
*That said, we reserve the right to require that everyone wear masks for specific presentations, whether at the request of an artist or simply out of prudence. Please come prepared to mask in these instances.
· Please see the hours for the Festival Headquarters and Box Office below. We strongly encourage you to register and pick up your wristbands as early as possible.
Wednesday 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday 12:00pm – 10:00pm
Friday 10:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 10:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 8:00pm
· Printed schedules and maps for the festival will be available when you check in.
· Download the Big Ears Festival app. It will be an invaluable source of information. In addition to offering up-to-date details about the festival schedule, there will be notifications throughout the festival weekend of surprise shows, last-minute modifications to the schedule, warnings if any of the shows / venues are at or nearing capacity, and other information and news during the weekend.
· Big Ears venues vary widely in capacity, from 230 people at the Old City Performing Arts Center to 1600 at the Tennessee Theatre, and some venues/spaces—like the Green Room at Festival Headquarters, Boyd’s Jig & Reel, and the Pilot Light—are even smaller and more intimate. While we schedule concerts and programs to optimize both attendance and access, once a venue reaches capacity, you will not be allowed to enter unless and until someone leaves. We strongly encourage you to arrive at least 30-45 minutes early for any of the absolute “must-see” concerts on your schedule to avoid possible disappointment.