Surprise New Artist Additions!
BIG EARS’ 10 YEAR CELEBRATION CONTINUES TO GROW!
As promised, we still have a lot to tell you about our plans for Big Ears 2023, and now’s the time. Throughout November we’ll be announcing nearly fifty new artists and special events to the programming scheduled for March 30th thru April 2nd. Each of our twice-weekly newsletters this month will be filled with exciting news, so be sure to stay up to date as the story unfolds.
· The Sun Ra Arkestra – Seventy years strong and vital as ever under the direction of 98-year-old saxophonist and maestro Marshall Allen, the Sun Ra Arkestra returns after an electrifying Big Ears appearance in 2016
· Beth Orton – The folk-electronica chanteuse brings her band in the wake of her new career-defining recording, Weather Alive
·Morton Subotnick – The legendary electronic music pioneer (Silver Apples of the Moon) will present new work
· Rude Ruth – Margaret Glaspy brings her collaboration with the Julian Lage Trio
· Kae Tempest – The British poet/novelist/playwright and spoken word artist will make an all-too-rare appearance in the USA
· Combo Chimbita – The NYC quartet brings their particular brand of Colombian psychedelic-heavy metal-soul-funk to Big Ears for the first time
· Bassekou Kouyate – Mali’s legendary ngoni master, at the same time traditional and endlessly innovative, brings his soulful band
· Danielle Ponder – The attorney-turned-explosive R&B/soul singer will perform on the heels of her critically acclaimed debut album
· Lesley Flanigan – The experimental musician will manipulate her homemade electronics in one of her unique, riveting performances
Check out these great artists and look for more in Thursday’s newsletter and throughout November.