UPCOMING / PASS ALERT / “GREATEST LIVING JAZZ ARTIST”
Welcome to 2024!
- We’ll soon be announcing another extraordinary film program for the weekend, filled with rare and, in a couple of cases, previously unscreened gems
- We have a couple of dozen insightful and thought-provoking conversations and presentations planned
- There are a several workshops, interactive experiences and exhibitions planned
- We’re adding a very cool and exciting new performance space
- Several artists are conjuring up additional performances, and there are new additions to the line up to tell you about as well
- And, yes, we have some “secret shows” in the works as well, but…well, they’re secrets…so those will remain under wraps
2024 Festival Passes Alert
Passes of all kinds were selling briskly during the holidays, with the Premier single-day and Tier 1 price allotments for Saturday only selling out at the end of the year. Other options, especially the other Premier single-day passes, are in short supply. Don’t risk disappointment – now’s the time! Get your passes here.
Following his recent Kennedy Center appearance, The Washington Post makes the case for Herbie Hancock as our greatest living jazz artist. It’s an easy case to make. We’re honored to present Maestro Hancock and his band on Saturday night, March 23, at Big Ears.
Fatoumata Diawara is an amazing performer who is keeping the rich traditions of her native country, Mali, alive amid its recent struggles. She and her band will rock your Sunday at Big Ears 2024. Be prepared to move!
“Tender, dreamy, and breathtakingly beautiful…” captures the essence of Roger Eno’s new Deutsche Grammaphon recording the skies, they shift like chords. It’s a special pleasure for us to present a rare North American appearance by Eno, joined by string ensemble and Cecily Eno. Saturday, March 23.
Since her 1996 debut Trailer Park, Beth Orton has issued a consistent stream of great records, always topping our – and many, many other “Best of the Year” lists each year one appears…not nearly as frequently as we might wish. The same was certainly true of last year’s Weather Alive, and we were over the moon in anticipation of her planned appearance last year. But real life interfered. Fortunately, she will appear at long last on Friday, March 22, at Big Ears 2024.